Terms and Conditions
LODGE ACCOMMODATION @ THE ERONGO WILD
7 Twin (3/4) bedded Luxury Tent Rooms (or 1 Super King)
2 Honeymoon Suites
1 Family Room with 4x ¾ Beds or 2x Super Kings
A secluded tented unit comprised of 2 Bedrooms (each with 2x ¾ Beds) with a spectacular wrap-around views completely away from the rest of the Lodge. The Kitchen/Living Room Unit is comprised of a 6 man Dining room table, lounge suite, fridge and cooking facilities. The rooms can also be used as Luxury Rooms, with Dinner at the Restaurant. Clients can also book Dinner at the Restaurant on an ad-hoc basis.
· Free of charge for children under the age of 6 years
· Children between 6-13 are 50% of the usual Rate
· Children older than 13 years will be charged the full normal rate, and can stay in their own tent
· Children under the age of 6 years are not permitted on activities unless without an Adult guardian.
Stringent Indemnity clauses apply at all times due to the landscape.
· The Erongo Wild is child friendly, but Adult Supervision is an absolute must
· Parents are requested to keep their children under control. Other guests need to be taken into consideration, especially on activities and when in the dining area.
· In extreme situations where parents are unable to control their children, and where their misbehaviour is affecting the other guests, we will regrettably have no choice but to ask them to leave.
Please note the following:
· There are snakes and scorpions, as well as other animals in the area and parents are requested to make sure that their children do not put their hands in little nooks and crannies.
· The Erongo Wild is in the Klipdachs Hills of the Erongo Mountain range, making climbing a first thing to do – it is dangerous and slippery. Parents are kindly requested to make sure that their children do not climb, or jump and leap on the areas not designated for activities.
· Parents are kindly requested to make sure that their children do not jump from the rocks/waterfall into the swimming pool.
· Parents are kindly requested to make sure that their children do not remove threads of thatching from the reception, office, dining and lounge areas.
· Parents are kindly requested to advise us if they would like their children to dine earlier and if there are any special children’s food requests, which we are happy to accommodate.
· Please be sure to advise the booking office of any special dietary requirements or allergies as well as the guests’ time of arrival at the lodge, or at least estimated arrival and departure times;
CHECK IN / OUT POLICY:
· Check-in time is from 14:00 and check out time is no later than 11h00.
· Earlier check in time, if requested, will be considered subject to availability of rooms. In all instances expected time of arrival must be advised.
GENERAL BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
· All bookings, amendments and cancellations must be made in writing, either by e-mail or fax.
· All written bookings, amendments and cancellations will be valid once we confirm in writing with a reference number from our system.
· Provisional bookings will be held for 14 days and will be automatically released where no written confirmation or cancellation is received. Higher demand periods and room shortages could incur shortened provisional booking periods. Please request an extension rather than confirming only to cancel again.
· Once a provisional booking has been confirmed we will require the names of the guests travelling. No name, no confirmation.
· Provisional bookings made within 30 days of travel will be held for a period of 24 hours
· Once a provisional booking is moved to confirmed status, a cancellation /admin fee of 15% will be charged if the booking is cancelled. Our normal cancellation policies will apply within 60 days of travel.
· Direct bookings: In order to secure or confirm a direct booking a valid credit card number has to be provided. Credit cards accepted are: Master Card and Visa.
· Nightsbridge Bookings are recommended only for direct bookings. Agents are advised to confirm with the office.
In the event of a confirmed booking not being cancelled or amended in writing, the following cancellation policy will apply:
· 0 – 7 days prior to arrival - 100%
· 8 – 14 days prior to arrival - 75%
· 15 – 30 days prior to arrival - 50%
· 31 – 60 days Prior to arrival - 35%
· 60 - days or more, once confirmed 15% - 15%
BLOCK / GROUP BOOKING PROCEDURE
· Bookings of more than 3 rooms (including a guide room) will be viewed as a group booking.
· Group bookings of 3 rooms or more, need to be cancelled 90 days before travel, and no longer 60 days.
· Block / group bookings must be confirmed with a rooming list, stating guests’ full names, at the latest 60 days before the travel date, at which time the 25% non-refundable deposit is due.
· A group booking is only guaranteed once a 25% non-refundable deposit has been paid. We will attempt to hold the rooms for you as long as possible, but only a deposit guarantees the booking. To secure a booking, a deposit can be paid at any time prior to 60 days.
· Any room/s not confirmed and paid for (deposit) 60 days before travel will be automatically released and can be booked subject to availability at a later stage on a first come first serve basis.
· Unfortunately, operators have misused the group booking policy resulting in unfair practices. As a result, we have had to implement the following conditions:
- In the event of holding an unconfirmed group booking for you, and we receive a confirmed booking for the same space, you will have 48 hours in which to confirm the block booking by paying a 25% non-refundable deposit –failing which the rooms will be sold to the confirmed request.
BLOCK /GROUP BOOKING CANCELLATION POLICY
· If a block / group booking or part thereof is cancelled more than 90 days prior to arrival, such a cancellation will be acknowledged and confirmed.
· If a block / group booking or part thereof is cancelled between 31 – 90 days prior to arrival, a 25% cancellation fee on the entire booking will be levied.
· If a block / group booking or part thereof is cancelled within 30 days of date of arrival, a 50% cancellation fee will be levied as a 30 day release period (or less) makes it quite impossible to fill our beds and resulting losses are unacceptable.
· 31 – 90 days prior to arrival - 25%
· 15 – 30 days prior to arrival - 50%
· 0 – 14 days prior to arrival - 100%
· Payment of the full accommodation account is required 45 days prior to arrival.
· Electronic or direct payments can be made into the following Bank Account:
Account name: Grow Namibia cc T/A The Erongo Wild
Bank: Bank Windhoek
Branch Code: 485873
Account Number: 8002617711
SWIFT code: BWLINANX
Account Type: Business Current Cheque Account
· Proof of payment must be faxed/emailed to us and must include your booking number. Failing to provide the required information will result in your booking remaining in an unpaid status that could result in it being cancelled.
· All bank charges are for account of the operator.
· All rates and conditions are subject to change.
CAMPING @ THE ERONGO WILD
At this time our exclusive Camping sites are still in development. The enclosed is only an indication of the facilities once completed:
Each camp site has its own private ablution facilities – shower, basin and toilet plus a kitchen wash-up area. Basic Lighting and Electricity is envisioned for the sites. Boilers are lit on request only – please arrange this at check-in. The camp site is serviced on a daily basis.
A PRIVATE FARM CAMP IS AVAILABLE AT REQUEST ONLY. PLEASE MAIL OUR BOOKING OFFICE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE SAME.
Subject to availability camp site guests may make reservations for meals at the Lodge. Such reservations can only be made on arrival.
Camp site guests are advised to bring along their own foodstuffs.
Wood and ice will be available for sale
BOOKINGS AT THE ERONGO WILD:
Grow Namibia cc
ABOUT AFRICA COLLECTION & THE ERONGO WILD
P. O. Box 173
Booking & Logistics Office:
#10 Hendrik Witbooi (The Atrium), Swakopmund